University Afterlife [#5]
When I was about to graduate, everyone went on job search.
I also tried to find a job, but no matter how many resumes I sent and how many interviews I had, no one ever accepted me.
Technically, I understand I wouldn't be able to get a job, and therefore should not even try. It is the weakness of human nature, people couldn't be convinced after actually trying and failing. So I did it anyways.
The result is, of course, nothing.
It's still a little sad, but it didn't take long before I accept it, thanks to the fact I already knew it would happen.
I remember there was a local company which did a massive interview. First, they made a special website for an exam. The exam content is programming knowledge about various languages. Only after passing the exam can people participate in the actual interview.
The design of the website is kind of advanced, as the camera must take a face shot for the exam to start. A grand new level of privacy violation.
This part was no problem to me.
Three days later, they had a bus to take hundreds of people to their company for the real interview. It took about half an hour. There are dozens of tables in a large room, which are divided into several categories. The front-end, back-end, mobile end (iOS and Android), where each one gets a number and waited to be called for interview.
Of course my interview failed. It is impossible for me to communicate with people, let alone in such a big event.
That company is, though, a pretty good one. After a job interview, they arranged us to go to their cafeteria to eat a buffet including a lot of fancy seafood.
Perhaps even their own employees rarely eat such good food there.
Later on I learned that they recruited a total of 3 people at that event, from 5 occupational categories.
I guess the consolation prize wasn't too bad...
Another time I was impressed was an interview in a game company. Interview time requires an appointment from 8 to 12.
Hundreds of people also interviewed one by one, this time it was arranged in a school and divided into several classrooms by category.
Before calling the number, one must first register on the interviewer's computer, and then they call the names one by one according to the registration time.
Then I went to make an appointment, but because I arrived half an hour earlier, they asked me to come back later and would ask me to register themselves.
The passed 10, passed 11, and passed 12. All people in the classroom were gone, and they didn't ask me to interview in the end.
The interviewers' lunch boxes were brought in. I had to ask them about the situation, only to find that I was missing from the numbers.
As a consolation, they finally arranged the interview, but I was too hungry at that time I couldn't normally talk.
Finally, after a terrible experience for both them and I, the interviewer asked me. "What else do you want to ask me?"
Also there were dating website interviews, asking me what I think about love. Maybe ordinary people would believe these questions are quite interesting. Unfortunately, I did not.
Finally, after around three months, I successfully developed psychological trauma of taking interviews, and I need no more time and mood to waste to find a job anymore.
Later on, I heard that other people often complain about work, like overtime and colleague relationships. I felt lucky because I know I could never possibly tackle with those kind of problems.
I also tried to find a job, but no matter how many resumes I sent and how many interviews I had, no one ever accepted me.
Technically, I understand I wouldn't be able to get a job, and therefore should not even try. It is the weakness of human nature, people couldn't be convinced after actually trying and failing. So I did it anyways.
The result is, of course, nothing.
It's still a little sad, but it didn't take long before I accept it, thanks to the fact I already knew it would happen.
I remember there was a local company which did a massive interview. First, they made a special website for an exam. The exam content is programming knowledge about various languages. Only after passing the exam can people participate in the actual interview.
The design of the website is kind of advanced, as the camera must take a face shot for the exam to start. A grand new level of privacy violation.
This part was no problem to me.
Three days later, they had a bus to take hundreds of people to their company for the real interview. It took about half an hour. There are dozens of tables in a large room, which are divided into several categories. The front-end, back-end, mobile end (iOS and Android), where each one gets a number and waited to be called for interview.
Of course my interview failed. It is impossible for me to communicate with people, let alone in such a big event.
That company is, though, a pretty good one. After a job interview, they arranged us to go to their cafeteria to eat a buffet including a lot of fancy seafood.
Perhaps even their own employees rarely eat such good food there.
Later on I learned that they recruited a total of 3 people at that event, from 5 occupational categories.
I guess the consolation prize wasn't too bad...
Another time I was impressed was an interview in a game company. Interview time requires an appointment from 8 to 12.
Hundreds of people also interviewed one by one, this time it was arranged in a school and divided into several classrooms by category.
Before calling the number, one must first register on the interviewer's computer, and then they call the names one by one according to the registration time.
Then I went to make an appointment, but because I arrived half an hour earlier, they asked me to come back later and would ask me to register themselves.
The passed 10, passed 11, and passed 12. All people in the classroom were gone, and they didn't ask me to interview in the end.
The interviewers' lunch boxes were brought in. I had to ask them about the situation, only to find that I was missing from the numbers.
As a consolation, they finally arranged the interview, but I was too hungry at that time I couldn't normally talk.
Finally, after a terrible experience for both them and I, the interviewer asked me. "What else do you want to ask me?"
"Where is the most nearby restaurant?"
Also there were dating website interviews, asking me what I think about love. Maybe ordinary people would believe these questions are quite interesting. Unfortunately, I did not.
Finally, after around three months, I successfully developed psychological trauma of taking interviews, and I need no more time and mood to waste to find a job anymore.
Later on, I heard that other people often complain about work, like overtime and colleague relationships. I felt lucky because I know I could never possibly tackle with those kind of problems.
评论
发表评论