Back from the endless ocean of knowledge [#2]

When I was in junior high school, The school was very close to a bookstore, where I went to every day after school.
Of course, alone.

The bookstore was called the Book City. It is divided into three sections for children, art and other books respectively. There is a circle of seats around the elevator, where many people read while sitting there when the weather is hot.
Books used for selling are generally covered with a layer of plastic film for protection, but each book is provided with an unprotected version that can be freely read.
It also sells books, but usually books are bought for collection, usually after reading them. No one reads books after buying them.

Aside from the bookstores, there are also various restaurants and other stores like home furnishings, music boxes, paintings, and antique art, the items one would expect those to buy who read books.
The art layer also sells musical instruments and headphones. You can use high-end headphones to listen to CDs, but unfortunately there seems to be no anime songs.
A large square outside the book city usually attracts many street art. In front of it is a place for open-air lectures, where some random public lectures are often held.

Of course I will not tell which city the bookstore is, otherwise I would be leaking personal information.

My favorite book at the time was maths.
Yes, many people think this is strange, but at that time I was still a kid who was obsessed with academic performance. Learned by myself with maths books from high school to university level.
At the pinnacle I even learned about subjects like complex analysis, real analysis, and random process, which are around university junior level.

However ... I didn't mention it with anyone else.

Nearby to maths books there are things like physics and chemistry. However, I would not only study these science and technology things. I will take a look at all types of books. Suspense novels, literary classics, Japanese tutorials, psychology, pedagogy, world history.
Well, not romance novels. Never.

And of course, the most popular book in that bookstore. The first is economics, and the second is success theory.
Success study is to teach you how to succeed. How to succeed in employment, how to successfully advance, how to successfully start a business, how to successfully finance ...
Use people's greed to draw a road to the future, so as to achieve the purpose of selling books. Greed is Good.

So, how does a person succeed?

Even if you are a loser in school, you fail every single subject, it’s still very easy to succeed. As long as you build a wide range of interpersonal relationships, draw connections, and learn to speak in one way or another, you will be successful in the workplace and go to the top of life.

However, if you are a successful person in school, but the interpersonal skills are extremely low, have no networking, and can't even talk to other people?
No. No book will tell you how to do it. I searched every book in the bookstore, but no one book will tell you what to do.
At that time, I understood the meaning of this silence.

The meaning of silence is, nope. There is no way.

Social ability is the most basic and useful ability of human beings.
Every normal person, as long as he lives in this world, will spend 80% of his time socializing. Experience is the best teacher, so the 80% of the time is useful, far more useful than learning science and technology.
They will be transformed into higher social skills, making them even better at socializing and making more connections.

Socializing is a very difficult skill, much more difficult than science and technology. It's just that every normal person has mastered social skills through high-intensity exercises, and then behaves like it's completely normal.
In order to socialize, everyone needs to know the culture, popular entertainment, makeup and beauty, online language, and game skills of the people around them anytime, anywhere.

It is necessary to organize the language within one second of hearing the other party's conversation, not only to express their views accurately, but also to avoid offending others.
You need to be familiar with other people's interests, work, worldviews, and values. Sometimes you will have to guess it at first sight. You even need to lie and hide your opinions, just to be able to speak normally with others without transforming it into a flame war.

The highest form is when you go undetected when you lie: The most advanced spy skill that everyone practices in everyday life.

The rule of this society is the Matthew effect: the strong are always strong and the weak are always weak.
If a person is relatively not good at socializing, then their network will become weaker and weaker, and the gap between people with strong social skills will become larger and larger.

I still remember the highest rated reply when I opened a topic about this in another forum:
"It's very sad, but it's just the truth. This is true for many poor students going to top universities."
It is like seeing another world line, where I am confused and swallowed by society.

Unfortunately, it is them, not me, who master the skill of socializing. And even if I work hard in this area, I can do too little to even join any of their circles.
They also work very hard, more efficient than I do. No matter what I do, the gap will only become bigger.
This is their co-evolution and has nothing to do with me.

Later on I stopped going to that bookstore. I still liked reading, but when I graduated to high school it was too far away.

评论

热门博文